Please follow the link below for our latest update on Coronavirus:
Or click on the 'News and Events' heading and the 'Coronavirus Update' tab for the latest news
New Pupils Entry Procedures
All pupils at Bracken Hill School have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the ICDS team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
· Tour of the school
· School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit
· A senior member of staff visits the current placement and will check assessment information
· Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Bracken Hill School
· Tailored to each individual child
· Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
· Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
· Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
· Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses
Within seven weeks of entry:
· An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
· Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP)
Within the first term:
· Parents of new starters will either have a telephone call or a meeting to discuss how pupils have transitioned
Visits to the school for prospective pupils are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or have confirmation that the application for an EHCP has been successful and is progressing. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.