New Pupils Entry Procedures
All pupils at Bracken Hill School have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the ICDS team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
· Tour of the school
· School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit
· A senior member of staff visits the current placement and will check assessment information
· Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and Bracken Hill School
· Tailored to each individual child
· Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
· Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
· Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
· Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses
Within seven weeks of entry:
· An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out
· Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP)
Within the first term:
· Parents of new starters will either have a telephone call or a meeting to discuss how pupils have transitioned
Visits to the school for prospective pupils are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or have confirmation that the application for an EHCP has been successful and is progressing. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.